April 10, 2013 (Wednesday)
The National Association of Purchasing Management proudly presents:
"ETHICS IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER’S WORLD"
This dinner presentation for the month of April will investigate the many ethical challenges facing the Supply Chain Manager on a daily basis. Our panel consists of a Supply Chain Manager, A Sales Manager and a Legal Representative. The panel members will begin the discussions with an insight into their beliefs and feelings about practicing ethically in our everyday activities. Then we will open the discussion to questions from the audience. So, come prepared to ask the panel some of those tough questions which you, as a supply chain professional, face each day. We should receive some great solutions to some of our most challenging ethical dilemmas.
Michael Marihart, CPSM, C.P.M. REPRESENTING - SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Mike Marihart representing Supply Chain Management has enjoyed the Purchasing and Supply Chain Management profession for 30 years. Currently he is Purchasing Manager for Alcatel-Lucent USA, which is a worldwide telecommunications company. Mike manages a yearly spend of approximately $40 million for his Enterprise division. Mike has strengths in successfully adding to shareholder value, continuous company improvements, contract negotiations, team building, logistics, purchasing, materials management, fleet, asset recovery, facilities, supplier diversity and business enhancements. Having worked in large and small companies has given Mike some unique perspectives over the years. He has been a speaker at various groups, including local ISM affiliates in Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire and the San Fernando Valley. Mike has also taught C.P.M classes at the University of Phoenix and at most companies where he has worked. Mike takes great pride in being a past president of NAPM-SFV and currently serving on the Board of Directors.
Harvey Magidow – REPRESENTING SALES
* Harvey Magidow President, HM Technical Sales, Inc.
A total of 48 years in the high tech. Electronics Manufacturing industry, all in Southern Calif, with several OEM and CM companies. The breakdown of these 48 years is as follows:
* 10 years in Engineering - Mechanical Design & Packaging
* 20 years in Manufacturing Operations - Purchasing, Materials Management, Manufacturing Management, most in senior level positions.
* 18 years in senior level Sales & Marketing positions.
Formed HM Technical Sales, Inc. in January 2005. A Manufacturing Sales Representative firm serving all Southern Calif. and Southern Nevada. HMTS (as they are known) has grown every year and serves the Mil/Defense, Medical, Aerospace, Industrial, Telecomm., and Gaming Industries.
James C. Fedalen - REPRESENTING ATTORNEYS
* James C. Fedalen, Principal
* Mr. Fedalen was admitted to practice in California in 1979, and has also been admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the United States Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, the United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1976 from the University of California at Berkeley, and his Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University in 1979. He has lectured on real estate and business law at California State University at Northridge and California Lutheran University, served as Judge Pro Tem in the Los Angeles Superior and Municipal Courts, and as an arbitrator appointed by the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He has also served as Deputy City Attorney, Litigation Counsel for the City of Desert Hot Springs and Cathedral City, California, and was Special Litigation Counsel for San Bernardino, California, Inland Valley Development Agency, City of San Bernardino, and San Bernardino International Airport Authority. He is currently Special Counsel for the City of Victorville.
Mr. Fedalen's practice areas include business litigation; real estate litigation; governmental, environmental, land-use, entitlement and condemnation matters; probate, trust and conservatorship matters; construction litigation; governmental law; appellate practice and intellectual property litigation.
Mr. Fedalen has been rated AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by the National Rating Firm of Martindale-Hubbell®
6:15 Welcome, Opening Comments, Intro of New Members, "Have a Job, Need a Job"
7:00 Speakers Presentation
8:00 Raffles and Prizes
Full-time college students - Free
Member - included with membership
Non-Member - $40 (if registered for this event)
(*****please register so we can let the restaurant know how many dinners to prepare*****)
May 15 - 13th Annual Supplier Night, bring lots of business cards!
June 12 - “Communication Skills for the Supply Chain Professional” by Wayne Sabera Distinguished Toastmaster, Lt Governor of Education and Training for Los Angeles / San Fernando Valley District 52
July 10 - Dark - No dinner meeting in July, but your new Board of Directors is planning the new year.
Sep 11 - "Supplier Risk Overview" by Rose Kelley Falls
Nov 13 - "Better Thinking About Thinking" by William Bellows at Rocketdyne